As the leader of the AllTrails Engineering team, James Graham and his team are responsible for expanding AllTrails beyond a functional tool to a fun and personalized, trail discovery experience all supported by highly scalable web services -- including Ruby on Rails.
Links for this episode:
- AllTrails: Trail Guides & Maps for Hiking & Camping
- About RailsCasts - RailsCasts | Ryan Bates
- The Bakery Model for Building Container Images
- taskrabbit/makara: A Read-Write Proxy for Connections
- AllTrails Careers
- Ansible Tower | Ansible.com
- Episode Introduction and Outro by Michael Springer
- Episode Music: "Funkorama" by Kevin MacLeod
Brought to you by:
Do you have an app in production that is slower than you like? Is its performance all over the place (sometimes fast, sometimes slow)? Do you know why?
With Datadog, you will. You can troubleshoot your app's performance with Datadog's end-to-end tracing and in one click correlate those Ruby traces with related logs and metrics. Use their detailed flame graphs to identify bottlenecks and latency in that app of yours. Start tracking the performance of your apps with a free trial at datadog.com/rubyrailspodcast.
If you sign up for a trial and install the agent, Datadog will send you a free t-shirt!