Tori Huang, software engineer at Gusto, and her team recently embarked on a journey toward unbundling part of Gusto’s monolithic Ruby on Rails app. She and Brittany discuss knowing when to uncouple a service and how to identify orphan code.
Links for this episode:
- RoR 322: Rails CI Pipeline Performance with Kelly Sutton
- Chipping Away at a Monolith - Gusto Engineering
- yak shaving - Urban Dictionary
- unused-code / unused | A tool to identify potentially unused code.
- Tori Huang – Medium
- Tori Huang - Senior Software Engineer - Gusto | LinkedIn
- Episode Introduction and Outro by Michael Springer
- Episode Music: "Funkorama" by Kevin MacLeod