If you love taking about databases, this is the episode for you. Ahead of the launch of his new book, High Performance PostgreSQL for Rails, Andrew Atkinson joined the show with special guest co-host, Pat Bair, to talk about why he wrote a book, why he focused on PostgreSQL and his favorite feature from the upcoming 7.1 release.
- Landing page and newsletter signup for the book “High Performance PostgreSQL for Rails”
- Andrew's Tweet Announcing Beta for the Book
- Andrew's Personal blog on Postgres/Rails/general topics
- Rideshare Rails API app used for book examples/exercises
- Pg_scripts repo
- Andrew’s Postgres and Rails presentations and podcast appearances on YouTube
- Andrew Atkinson (@andatki) / X
- Andrew on GitHub
- Pat on Github
Get started today in as little as 5 minutes at Honeybadger.io with plans starting at free!
Experience the perfect blend of efficiency and accuracy with Scout APM. Our performance monitoring solution is tailor-made for Rails developers, providing fast and effective troubleshooting with an intuitive UI and advanced tracing logic. With real-time anomaly detection and instant alerts, you can swiftly resolve issues like N+1 queries and memory bloat, and prevent customer impact.
Don't wait any longer to optimize your Rails app performance - sign up for our free 14-day trial today at scoutapm.com/rubyonrails.