Scott Hanselman is a programmer, teacher, speaker, technologist, podcaster, writer and a diversity advocate. He joined Britt to explain how Ruby on Rails on Windows can now be an excellent experience. Windows runs Linux at near-native speeds with an actual shipping Linux Kernel using WSL2, Ruby on Rails folks using Windows should do their work in WSL2.
Links for this episode:
- Scott Hanselman Coder, Blogger, Teacher, Speaker, Author
- Ruby on Rails on Windows is not just possible, it's fabulous using WSL2 and VS Code
- Install Ruby On Rails on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver
- First Timers Only
- Scott on Twitter (@shanselman)
- Episode Music: "Funkorama" by Kevin MacLeod
- Episode Introduction and Outro by Michael Springer
Brought to you by:
A good font is one of the best ways to make your project stand apart. At typography.com, you'll find the work of Hoefler&Co, creators of stylish and high-performance typefaces. And now for a limited time, as a Ruby on Rails listener you'll receive 10% off your next purchase from H&Co. Use code RUBY for your discount at checkout!