What Being a Staff Developer Means at Shopify with Rose Wiegley
April 5th, 2023
35 mins 8 secs
About this Episode
Rose Wiegley is a Senior Staff Developer on Shopify’s Payments and Risk team. Jemma is solo hosting today as she interviews Rose about her thoughts on being a staff engineer at Shopify, keynoting at RubyConf Mini and her recent team switch at Shopify.
- What Being a Staff Developer Means at Shopify by Rose Wiegley
- RubyConf Mini 2022: Keynote by Rose Wiegley
- NormConf Talk: Data Driven Promotions
- Alex Terrasa’s talk, "Here be dragons"
- ‘Give Away Your Legos’ and Other Commandments for Scaling Startups
- Rose W (@rose_w) / Twitter
- rose (@firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rose's Blog
If you want to simplify your stack, and lower your bills, it’s time to check out Honeybager. Honeybadger combines all of those services into one easy to use platform—it’s everything you need to keep production healthy and your customers happy.
Get started today in as little as 5 minutes at Honeybadger.io with plans starting at free!
Brainstorm, solve problems, and reach better decisions faster as a team on Miro’s visual collaboration platform. Whether you use it for Agile rituals, technical diagramming, or as a project hub, Miro brings together developers and their workflows in one shared space. Check out The Ruby on Rails Podcast community board at miro.com/ruby/ where you can learn about the hosts, leave feedback, and more!